Thursday, August 26, 2010

Blog Post Assignment #1

My name is AnMarie Lane and I was born in Fairhope, Alabama. I now live in Wilmer, Alabama on a forty acre horse farm. I made the decision to attend USA mainly because I did not want to leave my family and horses behind when I went to go to college. I live with my parents now and have one older sister who no longer lives with us. She is a third grade teacher at Wilmer Elementary School and she loves it! The passion and love that she has for her job is what made me decide that I wanted to be an elementary education major.

My passion is working with my dogs and my horses. I show my three horses in Dressage and we have a blast doing that- as long as the weather is not too hot. My dogs and I do volunteer therapy work in local schools, hospitals, and nursing homes. They are Canine Good Citizen and Therapy Dog certified. All in all, I really just enjoy spending time with my family, friends, and pets as most people do. I also love to be in school learning and preparing myself for a future career in education.

3 comments:

  1. How does the dog therapy program work? That sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many dogs do you have and what are their names? Personally I love Dogs I can not keep mine in my apartment so my parents are taking care of her. Her name is Snickers she is mixed and I do not know what she is mixed of but she is a great dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In order to become certified with Therapy Dogs International, my dogs had to complete a series of tests that were given by a certified evaluator. The tests cover areas such as obedience, friendliness, and how well mannered the dogs is. My favorite thing to do with my TDI dogs is to take them to schools because we participate in a program called Tail Wagging Tutors, where the children read to the dogs. This program boosts the children's confidence about reading because they know that the dog will not judge or correct their reading skills. It is a really neat program and it gives the students a reason to want to read!

    ReplyDelete