Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blog Post assignment #5

The Eagle Nest Radio podcasts that were done by third graders were excellent! All of the podcasts that I watched on this website were done very nicely and they made me think more positively about doing future podcast assignments. When my group completed our project for project #8, I was very nervous and I think that it probably showed on the video. These third graders did not seem nervous at all, and they were making there own podcasts! I am really surprised to see that some elementary school children are doing things like this because when I was that age, I had never even heard of a podcast. Visiting websites like this one gives me so much more to look forward to when I become a teacher.

The Education Podcast Network website was incredibly educational and nice to read. Unfortunately, I had already completed my first podcast assignment when I read the information on this website, but it will definitely be helpful for me in the future. One of the things that i liked most about this website is that all of the information given on it was easy to read and understand. This website went from the most basic questions about podcasts and went right through things dealing with them that tend to be a bit more challenging. I was glad to read all of the information on this website because before taking EDM 310, I had never completed a podcast before. Now I will have a great resource to refer back to next time I need to make another podcast.

The final website that I visited for this blog post assignment had The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom video on it. It was neat to watch the video and to see the list of benefits that were posted below it. Although I am just now becoming familiar with podcasting, I definitely agree with all of the benefits that were mentioned during this video. I think that it is great for students who might miss class for an extended period of time, because all they will have to do to catch up on their missed work is watch the lessons on the podcasts. There are endless possibilities and benefits that podcasting can bring to our classrooms.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure there is a lot more than just podcasts that you did not know about before you took EDM310. That's what I intended. And I love the Eagles' Nests podcasts.

    ReplyDelete