Sunday, December 5, 2010

Summary Post C4K

For these last couple of posts, I was once again very impressed by the quality of work that each youngster showed. Throughout this entire comments for kids process, I have not seen any work that was poorly done. Although some of the posts that I have read have contained minor typos, I feel that these types of things are to be expected with children who are at these young ages.

For these last few posts, I have seen things such as children writing about staying drug free and that is something that I really enjoyed reading about. I feel that it is always impressive to hear a young person speak out against bad habits and stand up for what they feel is right. One of the students who I was assigned to did just that and stated that he would always stay drug and alcohol free. In my comment to him, I told him that it was great to see a child with a goal like that and that it is incredibly important for him to stay with his goals so that drugs and alcohol do not mess up his future.

The final post that I commented on was one that was posted by a student who had been on a class trip to the fair. This student explained many of the things that she and her classmates had seen and experienced while at the fair. She even said that they got to milk a cow! Another part of the trip that she had really enjoyed was looking at old homes that were there and getting to see how things were done in the old days. Because of the things that this student said that her and her classmates had experienced while on this trip, I commented by saying that it sounded like a wonderful place to go with a class. This field trip sounded like it was both entertaining and educational at the same time, and in my opinion, things don't get much better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment