Sunday, December 5, 2010

Summary Post C4T- Teacher #4

Child at Computer
The fourth teacher that I was assigned to was Mrs. Ann Carnevale. I really enjoyed reading and commenting both of the posts that I was assigned to read of Mrs. Carnevale's. Both of the posts that I read of hers were posts that were related to technology and the ways that we as teachers can make it useful to us and our students in the classroom. The first post that Mrs. Carnevale put up that I commented on was one where she mentioned many different websites that can be to the students' advantage. She said that the websites listed were the ones that she found to be the most useful for her students. I explored all of the websites that she had listed and enjoyed looking through everyone of them.

The second post that I commented on was explaining to teachers some of the ways to make computers useful in the classroom.In this post, Mrs. Carnevale explained some of the ways that she integrates computers into her classroom and gave tips to other teachers about how to be successful when doing so. She posted pictures of things that she has done in her classroom, such as putting notes on the actual computers to remind students how to do things like printing or saving their work. She also told us how she works it out so that all of her students have time to be on the computers and it is a fair process to everyone.

The things that I learned from reading and commenting on these two posts were abundant. There were things in each of the posts that I plan on using in my classroom when I become a teacher. From the first post, my favorite website was one where students were instructed to create comic strips so that they would have practice using proper grammar and spelling. The thing that I enjoyed most about the second post were Mrs. Carnevale's suggestion to make computer time in the classroom an equal opportunity for all students. I am so glad that I have read both of these posts because they were full of useful information that I definitely plan to use in my own classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment