Sunday, November 14, 2010

Blog Post Assignment #12

Teacher at Computer
For this blog post assignment, I explored the internet in search of sites that were dedicated to teachers and technology. I found that the sites that interested me the most were the ones that showed examples of ways for teachers to integrate technology into the classroom and those that made me think of ways that I might be able to use all of these fun ways of teaching in my classroom when I begin to teach. If I were to have to make up a blog assignment for future teachers, I would send them to the site Technology Tips for Classroom Teachers. I felt that this site was fun and interesting to explore, so I would assign the students to do just that. After exploring this helpful site, I would tell them to write a summary about the thing that they found most helpful from this site.

The thing that I liked the most about the site was the area labeled Fun PowerPoints. I had so much fun looking at these power points and they gave me so many ideas of things that I will be able to do in the classroom. These presentations were all made to be fun and exciting for the students who would be learning from them, and this is one of the things that appealed to me the most. I believe that classroom instruction has to be interesting enough to keep a student's attention, otherwise the teacher is not as likely to get his or her point across. Looking at these presentations has given me many ideas that i cannot wait to try out when I become a teacher! These power points will also be exciting and neat to use with the SmartBoard, which makes them even better to me and other future teachers!

2 comments:

  1. Hey AnMarie,

    This is a really good choice because you found something that is really useful to this class. I think this is a great source for you to add to your PLN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not the biggest fan of power points but the site Technology Tips for Classrooms had some pretty cool stuff. I like the interactive games like "word mover" and "star gazer". Overall, this seems like a pretty good site to keep in our PLN.

    Thanks for the exposure.

    ReplyDelete