Sunday, November 21, 2010

Blog Post Assignment #13

Alabama Learning Exchange, also known as ALEX is a program that is used by teachers in the state of Alabama, so it is important that aspiring teachers become acquainted with it so that we have an idea of what it is before we begin to teach. Before completing this assignment, I had done a little bit of research on this program for some of my other classes at USA, but I am now definitely more informed about this program and the many ways that it can be used as a benefit to the teachers in Alabama. After completing this assignment, I decided that I would add the ALEX website that I found most useful from Google to my PLN on Symbaloo.

To explain in a brief description what ALEX is to a teacher who has never heard of it, I would first tell them that it is something that they will find very useful. In reviewing ALEX, you would find various course of studies for many different subjects. On the sites that you can find ALEX, there are many web links that teachers are likely to see as beneficial. One of the greatest benefits, in my opinion, of visiting a site like this is that you are able to view lesson plans that have been made up for different subjects. Another very useful thing is that any teacher can also create their own lesson plans that can later be viewed by different teachers. There are many great things that go along with ALEX, and one of my favorite things about it is that it is not difficult to use even if you are just being introduced to it for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment