Sunday, November 7, 2010

Summary Post C4K

All of the posts that I have had to comment on for these kids were very nice, given the grade levels that these children are performing at. I wish that I would have had a blog when I was in elementary or middle school, because I know that the benefits of this kind of thing for young people are great. One of the posts that I commented on was about a boy having to say goodbye to his father for a little while because he was having to go to Australia to do something for his job. This post just showed me that a blog is a great place for children to express their emotions about personal issues as well as things that are going on in their school lives.

Another post that i had to comment on was more related to school. In this post, a girl named Jessica talked about what happens at her school during parent- teacher night. In the same post, this girl talked about the awards and accomplishments that she has experienced throughout the year. Opposite from the personal post, this proved that a blog is a great way for young people discuss what is going on with them in school.

The posts about school and personal life can also merge in some ways, as it did in a post that I commented on that was about red ribbon week. In this post, the student acknowledged that his school was celebrating red ribbon week and that he had vowed to be drug and alcohol free. The boy then went on to list the goals that he had for his future and the reasons why he would not be using drugs or alcohol. He also told what might happen to him if he were trying to fulfill his dreams and he did start to use these things. This was a very neat post to read, just as all of the other ones were.

As a future teacher, I hope to allow my students to post things to their blog that are not only important to me, but are important to them as well. For one thing, I feel that this will encourage the students to want to work on their blog more and I also think that this is a great way for them to express themselves. While incorporating the many new ways if technology into my classroom, I will almost certainly use blogs as a way to enhance my student's learning. Reading these posts just makes me want to use them in my classroom more, because they reinforce my beliefs about them being both educational and fun for young people.

No comments:

Post a Comment