Friday, October 8, 2010

Comments for Teachers Summary #2

The second teacher that I was assigned to comment on was Dr. Strange. The first post of his that I commented on was on that referenced the things that had gone on in lab on a particular day. On this day, when Dr. Strange asked our lab assistant, Anthony, how lab had gone that morning, Anthony replied that it had been "great". Dr. Strange then posted about what had happened during lab that caused Anthony to say that it was great. In summary, what happened that day in lab was that students were helping other students learn how to do things because they had also had troubles doing the same thing. By helping each other learn, the students who were in lab went from working independently that day to interacting with one another to form a learning community.

The second post of Dr. Strange's that I commented on was a follow up post to the first one that I had commented on. This time, our EDM lab was described as being quiet. While students sat quietly doing there work, it was apparent to Dr. Strange and the lab assistants that learning was taking place. This realization came from the fact that students were now completing there work with less questions. Dr. Strange then went on in this post to summarize what students had commented about the "Great" post. All of us who had commented on the first post had roughly the same feelings. Although we all felt fairly nervous and frustrated at the beginning of our EDM class, we now feel reassured that everything is going to be just fine because we have so much help if we need it.

All in all, what I commented about the two posts was what I felt like before this class began and what my feelings are about the class now. I used to be so scared about the things that I would have to face in order to do well in this class, but all of those worries are gone now. Each and every time I have a question, I go to the lab and there has always been someone there waiting to help me with anything I need. I know that all I have to do is ask when I need help, and I think that this class will continue to be one of the most enjoyable and beneficial ones that I have taken so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment